The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Why is it...

...that being at home feels like a layover these days? I have been back home for a few weeks, but later today I go back out to APAC for a two week stint. Then, mid October, I go back for a four week tour, plus a brief stopover in Tokyo to see Kam (and hopefully HH & Hara-san). Then two weeks after that, a week-long China trip before Xmas. It's now getting to the point where I will start leaving my clothes at our Taipei & Seoul offices (maybe I can checkout the local laundries there) to keep my baggage light. But this is a trifling moan. This job has benefits, like:
  • Part-funded MBA (possibly realised once I have filled out the application form, duh)
  • The latest mobile phone technology (I have swapped the SE M600, out for only two months, for the not-yet-released W950)
  • Free flight to Tokyo and back, abutted to my Oct/Nov tour (cheaper than returning after I have finished my work in Seoul)
  • Free time in some of the World's great spots (with great food)
  • A shared office (best in the campus) with two bum chums
  • The chance to acquire lots of cheap CE gear in APAC (the W950 replaces my Shuffle, removes the need for a Nano, and I am eyeing the 80GB iPlop to replace the iRiver)

Of course, I am missing something. Someone to share it with?

No.

Just hair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home