The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Halfway to Heaven

A corker of a day! First I overslept. Then, trying to do a quick circuit around Reading to get to Camberley via Bracknell, I jump on J12 of the M4, aiming to get off at J10. Alas, I miss it, and peg it to Maidenhead, to turn back round.

Following late arrival, after intense debate with the Cistern Kid and iPod Perv about what to do for the day (Newbury Races or dossday in London), we head towards Richmond, for me to clock up three points on the aptly named M3.

The iPod Perv slagged my hat off, so I went 'shiny domed' for the day. By the NFT, a chance crack elicited a wrist flick from me. Alas, my Ra ring slipped off, and in great haste, I put my foot out to stop its escape, only to bend it out of shape.

I recovered my composure and headed on to do a quick bit of shopping. Spying someone with terrific mid-riff in the womenswear section, I compliment them on their choice of jacket and stroll on by, only to find out later from the iPod Perv that she kinda swooned. Cue lecture from friends on how I seem to continually miss golden opportunities, and cue regret that I didn't look her in the eye when I said it (but the jacket really did suit her).

In the cybercafe, we tried booking our birthday break but none of the choices were checking out, so we fired up the random holiday selector - Viva Vienna!

As we resumed our pub crawl, the iPod Perv picked 'Halfway to Heaven'. Only when we noticed that the patrons were taking an unhealthy interest in our discussions, the Cistern Kid in general, and the iPod Perv's new trousers in particular did we realise what kind of pub it was. Mind you, I was flattered to get a wink, even if it was the barman in the tight shirt of pink.

Supper at Wagamama's - hey, we were knackered. Served by a beautiful girl who almost 'looked like a boy' (according to the Cistern Kid). We scribbled a daft prick's text of 'we think u r cute' on the bill, only to have it picked up by a bloke, doubtless with bona-fide bloke bits. Still, the iPod Perv was disappointed not to get anyones phone number.

As daft days go, it was pretty ok.

Listening to: 'Ultraglide in Black', by the Dirtbombs, 'Spacelines', 'Soul Gospel' on the SJR label and the BonkersBrill 'Le Monde Fabuleux Des Yamasuki's' by Yamasuki.

Reminiscing about: Bartlett

Talking about: journeys

Looking forward to: WOMAD, beer festival and Vienna

Love, peace and respect,

Fearless

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home