The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Carousing with trannies, buxom babes and an 8ft rocking horse

After a slightly late start, I went to see 'Naked' at Sadler's Wells. A tale of infidelity and yes, nakedness - but beyond the lack of clothing it's really about the guilt that one can't hide. The subtle body language was spot on. I fell in love with Monica Zamora and Oxana Panchenko - who wouldn't?

Bumped into Immodesty Blaize at Pret a Manger across from the Arts Theatre in Great Newport Street. A real Mable (that's a compliment, by the way).

I caught 'Conseguenze Dell' Amore' at the Curzon. A sparse film, beautifully acted by the two leads (Toni Servillo & the delicious Olivia Magnani), although there are a couple of weak points in the plot. Great camera work. A film that for certain reasons resonated rather close to home.

Ended the evening at the Arts Theatre watching Immodesty Blaize & Walter. Camp cabaret at its best! I sat right at the back, like a schoolboy bunking off (I said bunking). Most of the audience were suitably attired, and from the back, I watched the audience become as much a part of the show as the performers. Trumpets have never sounded so rude. The best bit was that several buxom women did bend over and show me their bottoms!! However, it must be said that Walter looks good in stockings too. Nobody can pull off a transition from ZZ Top to Tammy Wynette to Britney Spears in 10 minutes flat. I even got compliments for my whooping and skipping (down the aisle, when I went to get ice cream during the interval).

Almost as good as carousing at the Pulverfass Cabaret in Hamburg, or the cabaret scene in 'Der Bewegte Mann' ('The Most Desired Man').

Shame I didn't make it to the latest SoxaN gig though (sob).

Fearless

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home