The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Monday, April 25, 2005

Growth & Regression

It appears that I am now over the worst of my relapse, having had one great week, only to go and catch a cold. This has been exacerbated by my colleague Simon coming into work today, wearing a jumper with the following attributes:

a) It had a TV test pattern to help you fix your horizontal hold (no, I didn't twiddle his aerial)

b) Made him look like a sinister incarnation of Geoffrey out of ITV's childrens TV show 'Rainbow' (I daren't ask what he did to Bungle, George & Zippy)

c) Made his gait take on a rather mincing demeanour, although to be fair to him, he didn't respond to my request for him to bend over and show me his bottom

I had to leave the office as his jumper made me feel dizzy. Listening to the radio on the way back, I was struck by how Patricia Hewitt, secretary of state for trade and industry in the UK government, seems to have taken speechmeister courses from Margaret Thatcher, and been awarded a distinction for 'talking slowly and patronisingly'. Having met her, I will praise her ability to reply to any question/statement/comment by repeating it back. I find it stunning that some people can talk a lot without actually saying anything, and tragic that many of us don't notice.

The link for today is Desirable Bachelors.


'Anti-Aging Cream'

I found my brand!

It keeps me looking young,

banishing wrinkles, crinkles

and dark circles.

It's long-lasting, smells sweet,

obliterates greyness

and even improves my smile.

I simply love it!

It's called Living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home