The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

On writers & writing

I've been reflecting on how hard it must be to show your writing to someone. It's not something that I have ever felt, but a recent encounter has made me wonder, and served to remind me of other writers I have worked with.

I have seen some quite amazing writing, from people who were very talented, but needed lots of support to get going. Check out 'Autobiographical Extracts', 'Becoming' and 'I Reign' by Angela.

I dug this out for someone who can write, but doesn't believe it. Hemingway on writing.

How can you get someone to believe in their writing, or indeed, themselves?

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You can't get someone to believe in their writing, or indeed themselves, unless they're ready. All you can do is state your opinion. And wait.

6:41 pm

 
Blogger Woz said...

True, but sometimes, there is the odd one (or two, or three, etc) who may never be ready, so you push them.

If it backfires, so be it.

But what do I know?

11:50 pm

 
Blogger Woz said...

To put it another way, the pool is not so deep that you will drown if I push you in; worst-case, you'll merely get a little wet.

9:20 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home