The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Pen fetish

Yep, I have a problem, and it does concern the right hand. But onto the more expensive problem - I have a lot of very fine pens. I'm not a collector, and do indeed use all my pens. But because they're a little expensive, I tend to be careful as to where I use them.

Here they are:
  • Montblanc Meisterstuck 144 fountain pen (the one with the 'fragile' black resin and gold)
  • Montblanc Meisterstuck 163 roller ball (again, black resin and gold)
  • Cross Apogee ball-point (in titian red with a lacquer finish)
  • Cross Townsend fountain pen (in lustrous chrome)
  • Cross Autocross ball-point (in brown leather)
  • Faber-Castell Perfect Pencil Idea (not the 'Concept' which is similar but 200 notes more)
  • Parker Sonnet ball-points (one in stainless steel, and one in matt black)

I also blagged myself three 'Beijing fakes' last November, all Montblanc copies:

  • Montblanc Starwalker rollerball (black resin and platinum, honest) - destroyed mid use
  • Montblanc Boheme Citrine ball-point (green leather, twist action with fake diamond)
  • Montblanc Starwalker rollerball (black rubber and platinum, hehehe)

Before anybody thinks I have a serious problem, the first of these came in 1996, with the MB's coming in October '001, so it has been over a long stretch.

What do I want next? Apart from Shanghai Hero & Duke pens from China (dead cheap and ace for everyday use), I want a box of 8 Crayola crayons - just like the ones from my infant years.

To order the Chinese pens, I found the dealer websites His Nibs, I Sell Pens and Cute Pens. Although the prices are low, I should be able to obtain them in Shanghai and haggle for a discount, thus avoiding the markup of the North American dealers.

I also found this page dedicated to Moleskine-friendly fountain pens. I also found this, which is even scarier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home