The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Weather report

I am usually spoilt by the weather in the Far East. I say usually. On this trip (I returned to the UK at 5am this morning) the weather turned to shit the moment I landed in Taipei, in stark contrast to the UK weather that improved upon my departure.

So apart from work, what do I have to show for this trip? A respiratory tract infection! At least had a day to myself in HK and rode the Star Ferry between Tsim Sha Tsui and Central a few times.


I wrote a bit but didn't take enough pics. The fever in the first week curtailed any happy snapping for both me & 'Tarquin'.

While in Beijing I picked up the strides and chain mail, and chanced across this particular development near the Kerry Centre:


Note to self: remember to take a trip to Fuzhou Road in Shanghai in a fortnight's time (I have a hankering for some Hero and Duke fountain pens for everyday use)

Checking out: the new LUXE guides for Beijing & Shanghai, fabulous, and alas, fabulously arrogant. Wallpaper's Beijing guide is crackin' too.

Wondering: why so many people on the HK to LHR flight wore khaki slacks, blue shirts/blouses, fleeces and timberland trainers - the uniform of unfit, lard-arsed, remote control fumblin', gym bumbling, Indiana Jones wannabes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home