The blog of the traveller, observer and writer, Woz.
Happiness is the man with rhythm. Copyright © 2003-2021, Woz

Monday, May 14, 2007

A short poem about exes

A poem inspired by exes telling me they are getting hitched, usually to provoke a direct reaction from me that isn't to hand. In homage to such parting shots (or 'backfires', as they should be known), I wrote this.

'Post-Parting Missive'

The deadline approaches
and ticks turn to pricks -
on both your conscience and pride,
but for a bankable union,
you let such considerations slide.

As your happy family
cry with relief,
former associates and
single men the World over
breathe a big sigh of relief.

Don't get me wrong,
for I am glad you've secured
a wad-heavy, liberty-weary buck.
But I have no idea
why you're telling me this,
as I care less than a fu-



Excellent take on Trainspotting by the cast of AvenueQ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home